Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
XC-3730C

Cloning an XBox Hdd With a Dual Sata Dock?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes...

What's the best way to clone a 2TB SATA Xbox HDD to another 2TB drive?

I have an Inateck FD2002 that is a dual SATA USB 3.0 dock, that has an offline cloning feature, but every time I try to clone my 2TB Xbox SATA HDD using the offline cloning feature, I initiate the clone function, then it briefly starts the process, but the dock restarts itself. The USB cable is not plugged into it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another StarTech device that's superior to other similar devices (vis-à-vis their IDE-to-SATA adapters for ogXbox HDD upgrades) so is their disk duplicator for Xbox HDD cloning.

StarTech's duplicator docks perform sector-by-sector duplication not just partitioned filesystem/file copy duplication (although the latter method of duplication is said to be faster than sector-by-sector). 

Sounds like the Inateck FD2002 does the faster filesystem duplication, not sector-by-sector which doesn't work for embedded disk drive applications like cloning a 2TB SATA HDD for the Xbox console.

Please login or register to see this link.  

StarTech sells 5 different devices so make sure the one you decide upon in fact does sector-by-sector duplication before buying. Another Startech dock with USB 2.0/eSATA connectivity is the StarTech.com SATA Hard Drive HDD Duplicator Dock - eSATA USB Hard Disk Drive Duplicator - 2.5 / 3.5-Inch Hard Drive Cloner on the same page linked above.

Duplication method differences between SATA dual dock duplication stations mentioned Please login or register to see this link. .

Edited by KaosEngineer

Ive cloned about 7 drives using this product offline 

Works great without any issues.

This does sector by sector cloning of Xbox formatted hard drives? The description of the product from the link you sent doesn't mention sector by sector offline cloning.

21 hours ago, XC-3730C said:
On 12/5/2017 at 11:29 AM, mkulrey13 said:

This does sector by sector cloning of Xbox formatted hard drives? The description of the product from the link you sent doesn't mention sector by sector offline cloning.

fair enough, but the fact remains he has successfully cloned about 7 drives.

But were those drives locked? I want to clone an unlocked 2TB drive to put in another Xbox in a different room.

Both systems are TSOP'd

ok, im not sure on this.
but cant you use chimp to clone specific partitions.
take the original drive and clone it to the 2TB,

then set up your partitions (identical to the other drive f&G or just F etc...) then chimp over ONLY the partitions you dont want to painfully FTP, (retain the original drives)

Personally i find when working with anything experimental my best friend is the original master drive.
In the past i've just cloned whatever is present and start making whatever changes i feel fit on the new drive. (ive found several cracked out soft mods that ive rescued via that method) changing anything on the stock drive scares me... i got a little gunshy after unlocking a master hdd.... so young, so dumb.

And when i began to edit my post i realized... this brilliant man is trying to take advantage of the incredible speed increase SATA brought to the world.

IM done, just delete me.

Edited by wikati

On 12/5/2017 at 10:29 AM, mkulrey13 said:

the ward drive was lock or unlock when u clone?