OGXbox.com

No-Dvd + Patched Bios == Really Slow XBoX!

Ultimasnake

Hey guys, I'm also active on the facebook page but wanted to also post my question here in the hopes the right person would be able to answer my question.

I'm currently working on an 'ULTRA SLIM MOD" (all caps yes!) and am having some troubles on this 1.6 board with the Alladin Xt Plus2 chip.

I've made some slimboxes in the past and this is my first 1.6 board. The mod chip is working fine and flashed with M8+ for 1.6 with the "Check dvd-drive" option disabled allowing me to run it, well, without a dvd. I've confirmed the bios is on there (changed the colour of the X logo) and it still boots perfectly with the dvd drive in it. Now come the tricky part, without the dvd drive it does actually boot up but it takes around 10 minutes (!) to even get unleashx to open, and it doesn't get any better from there.

What am I doing wrong with above method that works flawless on 2 v1.0 boards with the same bios (but for 1.0-1.5 of course) with the same settings?

I'd load the unpatched official release M8plus_16.bin file in EVTool 1.0.9 again,  Leave the DVD Drive Check box checked, save the BIOS .bin to a new file name and reflash the modchip.  See what happens now without a DVD drive.  Make sure the console refuses to boot without the DVD drive installed.  

Next, load this patched BIOS's .bin and uncheck the box and save to a new filename and reflash to the modchip and verify the setting changed so the Xbox boots as expected without the DVD drive.

Edited by KaosEngineer

From; http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/xbox-error-codes-explained-go-here-first.373255/

Error 6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

If you understand the above (from error 5 description), you should be able to understand what this means. It means you are trying to boot up the xbox with an harddisk that is locked in combination with ANOTHER motherboard than you are using it with right now.

What can i do about it, you ask? Well place the harddisk back in the xbox where it came from. After that, UNLOCK the harddisk with the same procedure i explained above (see error 5). Now when the harddisk is UNLOCKED, put it in the xbox which gave you the error. Now when you boot up with the chip ON it should not give you an error anymore.

However when you put the xbox on with the chip OFF your xbox will give you an error. (error 5) So to make sure you can boot original and boot with the chip ON. Next do the same as above: "Boot up your xbox with the chip on. Preferrably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
When it is ready just turn off your xbox. Disable your chip and try to boot original. Now there should be no more error.

Sounds like you've installed the HDD from another Xbox in the console.  Do you have many that you've removed the HDDs from and mixed Xbox motherboard/HDD combos?

Edited by KaosEngineer