Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

shoe.

My Water Cooled Xbox PC Project

Hey all!

I recently completed and posted on a few Facebook groups a little project which I recently finished and one of your members recommend me come here and share it with you all, so here goes!

The whole thing started when I decided I wanted to build a PC into an Xbox. I've done a little bit of modding here and there in the past, but nothing to this extent. Sadly I didn't make a build log as I went along, but here is the finished product for you to enjoy!

The spec:

• Intel i5-7400 Processor running at 3.0 GHz 
  • Zotac 4GB 1050 Ti Graphics Card
  • 16GB DDR4 Crucial Memory running at 2400 MHz 
  • MSi H110i PRO LGA1151 Mini-ITX Motherboard
  • 250GB Samsung NVMe SSD
  • 2TB Seagate Barracude Storage HDD
  • 300w Game Max Power Supply

It's got a custom water cooled loop in there too, and boots to Windows desktop in 13 seconds!

Enjoy!
shoe.

xbox 1.jpg

xbox 2.jpg

xbox 3.jpg

xbox 4.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By InvasionSurvivor
      Hey lads, I'm having a bit of an issue here.

Recently softmodded my xbox and cloned a 2TB Hard Drive over. It has been working fine, I Ftp'd over some stuff and they run fine on the drive. So here's the problem.

When I started my xbox today, my DVD Drive was working fine. Albeit I didn't stress test my Hitachi-LG, it immediately booted MechAssault which was in the tray. I've always had a sticky disk tray issue, so I keep a disk in tray so it will open. I Ftp'd over my stuff, moved to the new dashboard. The game also booted fine there. 

Then I booted DVD2Xbox, and this is where everything stopped working. I tried to rip the game and it failed, about 5 files in, said it had failed to copy over 100 files. I tried to see if maybe the App was just acting up. So I went back to my dashboard and tried to boot MechAssault. It went to a black screen, and then rebooted the dashboard. So... I kept going. I went back to Rocky's softmod dashboard, and when the disc tray initialized, it read MechAssault as the title in the softmod. Hit "Launch Disc", and... no dice, it boots back to the dashboard. A friend suggested maybe clearing the cache, so I did. 

After clearing the cache, I got the game to load, but first it went to a red patchy screen, and loaded 15 seconds after. I played a round of Grinder, but when I quit grinder... black screen, went back to dashboard.

I can't stress this enough, it only stopped working the moment I ran DVD2Xbox. My fear is that I'll probably need to clean the laser, and if it doesn't work, it may mean I need to get a new drive. I couldn't unplug its power cable when I was softmodding [I was desperately careful], so I put it carefully on the table, It flopped over once, and I'm afraid that may be what has killed the drive. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
    • By ActionMan24267
      I have an unmodded Xbox and would like to know if the following information I have learnt is correct if modding an Xbox. To softmod an Xbox you can use the Pal version of Splinter Cell Classic edition,  Also you can buy an Xbox softmod kit (2018) - A usb/memory card pre-loaded with the files needed to softmod an Xbox which includes Splinter Cell. You plug it into your Xbox and install the softmod by following the instructions.
      Also I have 2 questions I would like to ask. 1st - Do you need to delete your game saves on your hard drive before you do this or can you leave them on the hard drive as I would prefer not to delete my saves on the hard drive. 2nd question - If you then change your hard drive to a bigger one after you softmoded your Xbox to a 2TB hard drive, is this easy to do, or dangerous to your Xbox, and how much does a 2TB hard drive cost (in pounds or euros if poss).
      If you need to know what Xbox I have it will be the 1st Xbox as it came with a Thompson DVD drive (but got changed to Samsung by Microsoft after it became faulty-just for info).
      Thanks in advance for any info and advice you can give me.

• By Justin Gorson
      Hello all, I recently went to the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee (about ten years in a row now) and FINALLY scooped up an original Xbox with a few games. I quickly upgraded the HDD and here I am with it softmodded and looking at all it can do. 
      I am most interesting in some cool case/appearance based mods too if anyone has suggestions. The case is not perfect, and I really wouldn't even mind just a clean OEM shell...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.