OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Synopsis Information

Cian Cunningham

4 hours ago, puntja said:

Is it possible to add more categories to the Synopsis files? I opened one default.xml with a text editor and I tried something like: <resolution>480p</resolution> but it wasn't showing up on the xbox. 

I would like to add Resolution and Aspect Ratio informations to my Synopsis Files :)

Hi, this synopsis is the first version of synopsis from a long time ago. Install the xbmc4gamers artwork through the dash via the downloader menu and all will be good. The categories are fixed. Just make sure you are using the latest prebuilt xbmc4gamers off the github. It is a folder you just drop on E, ready to go. Then have your games in F/Games and G/Games and download and run the artwork installer. After downloading it you run the install script from skin settings. Make sure you hae 500mb free on E when you do and you have 1080i disabled in the MS Dash. You won't need to add anything to the latest artwork/synopsis set.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:30 PM, Rocky5 said:

Thank you and this should mean folk will use my script lol

Hi Rocky, I've a question for you. Can I translate the file default.xml in italian language for each Game? If Yes, when i Upgrade the artworks for all the libraries of games, this default file can be upgraded with the orignal one in english? Thanks...

On 10/30/2017 at 11:30 PM, Rocky5 said:

Thank you and this should mean folk will use my script lol

Hi Rocky, I've a question for you. Can I translate the file default.xml in italian language for each Game? If Yes, when i Upgrade the artworks for all the libraries of games, this default file can be upgraded with the orignal one in english? Thanks...

12 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

Rocky5 has them in individual default.xml. I wrote all of the synopsis in Excel. I could look at a way to batch translate them or just Google translate them but that would be a really bad translation job I am sure. If you go to the Facebook group in the files section I uploaded the excel spreadsheet there. That's your best place to start from my point of view. Then translate that spreadsheet. If you can finish translating that send it to me and I'm sure I can get it batched out to the same folder structure as the artwork installer. You could then drop it in on top of the installer in the xbmc4gamers build where it's downloaded and it would install for you. It's a huge task to translate them all, there's probably 1000 synopsis in the spreadsheet. Maybe Rocky5 would have a better idea but I think that's your best place to start and would keep it consistent and ensure you have them all. 

• 1 month later...

The synopsis is now installed via the artwork installer script within Rocky5s xbmc4gamers and xbmc-emustation. It will also work in origins. I just updated the github link with the most recent version of everything with all excel spreadsheets, xml files that get exported from excel and Rocky5s custom made tools to rip the xml into individual synopsis files. The PDF instructions are old but still mostly correct, made a few amendments to the readme on github.  Updated this for the future, just in case anyone googles it and finds it and uses the old version 1 of the synopsis. This is version 3 (at least). It has been updated with player numbers, system link information, custom soundtracks, metacritic ratings among other things. I also included one combined Excel spreadsheet that is hands down the most complete source of information available. It is easily filtered and sorted to find good/bad games, which games are system link etc. This is very accurate and complete as I looked at the back of the game covers for most of this information. Included is also some Homebrew synopsis and Emulator synopsis text (Thanks to James Reed for working together on these). 

If anyone wants to translate the synopsis please preferably use the excel spreadsheets for each region and only change the details, don't change the folder names. If anyone takes on a translation project it can then be added when complete. I am sure Rocky5 would incorporate it too. Be aware, something like that will take months to do.

https://github.com/jazzycian/XBMC4Gamers-Synopsis-Information/blob/master/README.md

Edited by Cian Cunningham
  • Like 1