OGXbox.com

Tsop With Nkpatcher Setup ?

PsyKos

Hello everyone,

I just acquired a XBox with 128Mb and 1.4GHz (thanks to N64Freak in passing for his great work and availability).

I am very satisfied but being used to NDure and NKPatcher to play the game in ISO format,

Having a first XBox (softmod) with 2Tb and all games / homebrews in XISO format (faster FTP transfer, take less space on the hard drive ...), I will obviously want the same thing on this new console.

Apparently, the bios is "x2_4983.67.bin" but I do not have a file "x2config" on C. According to your answers, I have to flash my bios with the "ind-bios 5003.67" and then put the file configuration "ind-bios.cfg" at the root of C like this:

480P=1			;							Default=0
USEUSEALLMEMORY=1	;Use 128mb of Ram if Available				Default=0
IGRLOADSDASH=1		;Load Dashboard on IGR					Default=0
IGRMODE=1		;IGR Mode 0=off  1=compatible   2=quick    		Default=2
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CDrom0\default.xbe
DASH1=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\Patcher\Patcher.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\dashboard\default.xbe

That's OK?

Then where to find the patch? I saw in "CDROM modchip.rar" a folder "Kernel Patcher", it is this file? Where should I create it with "make_with_listing.bat"?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Edited by PsyKos

What BIOS is flashed to the TSOP? I'm thinking iND-BiOS 5003!

You can access ISO's with a limited set of hacked BIOS's just like you can with nDure and NKPatcher. 

BIOS versions supported (some are for softmod use - original MS BIOS's and others hardmod use - modchip/TSOP) include:

I have my Xbox setup this way.  The only snag I have is once an ISO is mounted the Xbox has to be power cycled to get it unmounted. 

IGR inside the game returns to the beginning of booting up the game and not the dashboard as it does on a softmod. :(

There may be a way around this issue but I've yet to take the time to figure it out.

Edited by KaosEngineer

Flash ind-bios 5003 to your TSOP with hexen 2017 and then use this patcher to add XISO support to that bios.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8P835YijNFhXbEtoUHZGR0U

if you can’t workout how to use the above source, maybe just leave what you’re doing and stick to playing games in a ripped format. ( only a handful of games need to be in ISO format to bypass the longfile name checks )

I would check with N64 Freak on the bios in case he made any modifications to allow you to run the upgraded CPU.  I ordered one as well and just received yesterday (have to put it in the case still so can't confirm anything).  I thought he mentioned IND-BIOS 5004 (which i assume would be a beta bios as HeXen and knowledge base always refers to 5003).

Thank you for all your answers and sorry for my late.

19 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Flash ind-bios 5003 to your TSOP with hexen 2017 and then use this patcher to add XISO support to that bios.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8P835YijNFhXbEtoUHZGR0U

if you can’t workout how to use the above source, maybe just leave what you’re doing and stick to playing games in a ripped format. ( only a handful of games need to be in ISO format to bypass the longfile name checks )

Indeed, I know the softmod very well but not the TSOP, hence my questions.

Last night, looking for information, I found this post: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7469

So, as you said, I can use ISO with TSOP and patch it. Only problem, how to put it in place?

Obviously, the bios is the "x2_4983.67.bin" (256Kb) according to HeXen 2017. So I think I have to flash the TSOP with another version but which one?

By the way, I do not have a configuration file (x2config.ini) to set up the boot on the patch then boot to the dashboard ... I saw this link (https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7469#p39570) but I do not know if I can I use it?

Thanks in advance for your answers and sorry for all my questions but I'm really new to hardmod :(

I see this link : http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=3228&hilit=Modchip+Ind+bios&start=50#p72101

If IND-BIOS, file is "ind-bios.cfg" (root on C drive) right ? And i'll just put in :

IGRLOADSDASH=0
IGRMODE=1
DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\apps\patcher\default.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\dashboard\default.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

Right ? :)

Edited by PsyKos

Sorry for the double post ...

I (a little) advanced on the subject. I managed to flash my bios with HeXen in "IND 5003 67.bin" version and the "ind-bios.cfg" file is well supported !

I start well on my dashboard Unleash (e:\dashboard\default.xbe) like my other console with Ndure. Already, I'm happy :)

Then I tried the kernel patch (e:\Apps\Patcher\default.xbe), I reboot on Unleash, I choose my game in XISO and it starts well, no worries.

After, with the IGR, I always reboot on the game in XISO and I'm stuck on the game if I do not turn off the console. First problem.

Second problem: I tried to set up the automatic boot of the Kernel Patcher but as soon as I add it to the file "ind-bios.cfg", the console hangs and remains frozen ...

Here is the contents of the file:

480P=1			;							Default=0
USEUSEALLMEMORY=1	;Use 128mb of Ram if Available				Default=0
IGRLOADSDASH=1		;Load Dashboard on IGR					Default=0
IGRMODE=2		;IGR Mode 0=off  1=compatible   2=quick    		Default=2
DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\Patcher\default.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\dashboard\default.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

I think my file "ind-bios.cfg" is good but it seems to me that the path is hardcoded in the patcher to point to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\default.xbe ... Hence my problem I think...

I still tried with a shortcut to point to "e:\dashboard\default.xbe" (my folder with Unleash) placed in root of E drive but no success ...

Thank you in advance for your help.

[EDIT] It's OK !!!!! I've used CDROM Modchip Patcher from Rocky5 and edit " xbe paths.asm" file to point to my dashboard ! Et voilà !!! :)

Edited by PsyKos

• 1 year later...

Hello to everyone,

I am quiet new in this and I am trying to put 128mb to my xbox but no success so far.

I TSOP it with evo x and then I installed the ram the I thought it will work but nothing at all.

what kind of bios accept 128mb ?  do I have to install an chip or TSOP is fine?

Now I need to remove the ram and see if the xbox still runs but I am a lot into it and definitely I want to succeed.

If there is any suggestion it will be great.  Thank you very much