OGXbox.com

Resources for XBmc4gamers/Kids V1.0

PsyKos

Something weird happens now, and I am not sure why. I've been loading games on my hdd, and then I started putting these resources in. Been working great, looks awesome in xbmc4gamers. But then I try to start a game, and it just reboots my dash. Tried several games, they are all the same. I am sure this was not the case yesterday, cause i tried several of the games then. I've tried to change between pal and ntsc, tried several games. Nothing.. Could the resources f@*k it up like this?

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

I believe you have copied also default.xbe files.
You should not do this if you do not have the exact same version of each game. To be safe, never do it at all!
To reverse this situation, you now must copy back the default.xbe file of each game from it's extracted folder and overwrite the one from these resources...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G390F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I made a little batch file that can be used with Resources4XBMC.

This is to make the collection more compatible with the XBMC4GAMERS dashboard.

The bat file will delete the unnecessary .jpg. and .xbe files and copy the fanart.jpg to the root folder of each game.

To use this on retail games place the bat file in \Resources4XBMC\Retail Games\ and run it from there.

Same method applies to the other folder "Modded" "Ripped" and "Unreleased Games"

Use at your own risk.

copyfanart.bat

Edited by RoofTop
just because
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to have custom backgrounds for each of my custom categories? I have a separate category (and custom thumbnail icon) for hom consoles, portables, homebrew, XBLA, etc, and rather than a blank background for each of those, I would like a custom background.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the bar at the top that has the time and profile name?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1st thank you for your hard work you put into this....however Im pretty new to this....I have xbmc4gamers ftp over to the xbox, but how do I add these files from Resources4XBMC to make them work.....I ve tried looking on youtube and read all the comments in this form....PLEASE HELP!!!

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

1st thank you for your hard work you put into this....however Im pretty new to this....I have xbmc4gamers ftp over to the xbox, but how do I add these files from Resources4XBMC to make them work.....I ve tried looking on youtube and read all the comments in this form....PLEASE HELP!!!

If running the latest version, use the downloader to download and install Xbox Artwork.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it with DVD2XBOX as well...

Status:      Starte Upload von /Users/Downloads/Resources4XBMC/Resources4XBMC/Retail Games/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources/default.xml

Befehl:      CWD /F/Resources4XBMC/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources

Antwort:    550 CWD failed. "/F/Resources4XBMC/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources": directory not found.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 3:17 AM, Sickk1 said:

Tried it with DVD2XBOX as well...

Status:      Starte Upload von /Users/Downloads/Resources4XBMC/Resources4XBMC/Retail Games/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources/default.xml

Befehl:      CWD /F/Resources4XBMC/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources

Antwort:    550 CWD failed. "/F/Resources4XBMC/Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/_resources": directory not found.

The FATX filesystem doesn't support all ASCII characters for a file/folder name.  It only uses a limited character set:

(update forgot to include the character list)

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789!#$%&'()-.@[]^_`{}~ (that includes the space character in the list after the tilde)

Therefore, I believe this is the problem:

The comma character is not  allowed for a file/folder name in FATX.

Also, FTP doesn't like transferring files that may include trailing space character(s) in the filename.  

I know many EA sports games create game save files on the HDD with a trailing space or two that cannot be downloaded from the Xbox because of it.

Another possibility is an improper cluster size setting for the partition.  Once, you write more data to the partition than supported by the current cluster size setting, writing more data to the drive corrupts files and directories already present.

Edited by KaosEngineer