OGXbox.com

Resources for XBmc4gamers/Kids V1.0

PsyKos

Hello all !!!

This is a new version of my resources pack for XBMC4Gamers (https://mega.nz/#F!5wUBQZSa!44MF7TL02pTjOsHEdTCrtg 12Gb on Mega). It was based on Wikipedia for list of XBox titles, completed with Modded / Unreleased / Ripped games (1106 games !!!)

It's easy-to-use : download "Resources4XBMC v1.0", extract it and view the full list of HDD ready files then transfer as needed !

This pack contains few covers, banners, icons, cd, fanarts, previews and synopsis (thanks Cian Cunningham for his work) . I think it the most complete pack you can find and it works with all XBMC 3.5.3 or above once Rocky5's custom version (XBMC4Gamers and XBMC4Kids).

What's new in this version :

- Added more covers, fanarts, previews...
- Better quality for covers, fanarts and preview ;
- Add synopsis by Cian Cunninghan ;
- Separates folders for modded, ripped, retail and unreleased games ;
- And many some little things :)

Many thanks to Rocky5 for his programs and Cian Cunningham for his work.

Any issues anyone finds I can fix and update accordingly when I have time.

I hope this enhances your XBMC4Gamers setup.

Edited by PsyKos
New version
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Why have you got folder.jpg? That’s not used by XBMC for games, only TVShows and Movies.

Also why no fanart.jpg next to the default.tbn? That way you make it compatible with all skins that support fanart.

Other than those nice work, will download it when I can.

oh also forgot to ask, do the folder names match the xbe titles? I made a point with my resource pack to make all folders match the xbe title, so it was a drag and drop deal when FTPing the folders over, or building a transfer list. There are a couple that couldn’t be use as the title included illegal characters that windows can’t have in file names.

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

I have this pack downloaded. Probably need to delete the contents from the first post. Took me ages to scroll down to read. For me this seems pretty good, has all of the front covers for pretty much every game except one or two and a good few pal and jap games. There is a few low res ones in there two. I have opened each default.tbn while transferring them. I have the 1.4tb torrent of ntsc games which has a separate pal folder. About half of the folders match the names of the games from this torrent. So a drag and drop gets you most of the way and then manually grab the rest that didn't merge. It is definitely a great resource and saved me time creating the covers. Great work. I did rename any of the ones that didn't have a default.tbn on my hare drive to say there is no picture. I can probably get that list of what is not there fairly quickly if that is any help?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2017 at 3:33 AM, Rocky5 said:

Why have you got folder.jpg? That’s not used by XBMC for games, only TVShows and Movies.

Also why no fanart.jpg next to the default.tbn? That way you make it compatible with all skins that support fanart.

Other than those nice work, will download it when I can.

oh also forgot to ask, do the folder names match the xbe titles? I made a point with my resource pack to make all folders match the xbe title, so it was a drag and drop deal when FTPing the folders over, or building a transfer list. There are a couple that couldn’t be use as the title included illegal characters that windows can’t have in file names.

I had seen some use the "folder.jpg" file for widescreen icons. That's why I put this file. I do not know if it's useful but as I had seen on some forums, I added it!

Regarding the "fanart.jpg" next "default.tbn", I made a script to retrieve the "fanart.jpg" folder "_resource \ artwork" to copy it in the source directory. These files are now present for the next version.

I have this pack downloaded. Probably need to delete the contents from the first post. Took me ages to scroll down to read. For me this seems pretty good, has all of the front covers for pretty much every game except one or two and a good few pal and jap games. There is a few low res ones in there two. I have opened each default.tbn while transferring them. I have the 1.4tb torrent of ntsc games which has a separate pal folder. About half of the folders match the names of the games from this torrent. So a drag and drop gets you most of the way and then manually grab the rest that didn't merge. It is definitely a great resource and saved me time creating the covers. Great work. I did rename any of the ones that didn't have a default.tbn on my hare drive to say there is no picture. I can probably get that list of what is not there fairly quickly if that is any help?

Thank you for the return, it's nice to see that we do not work for nothing :)

A new version is in progress, I managed to have the majority of previews (thank you Youtube) and I added a dozen games to complete the collection.

I'm waiting to finish converting all the videos into XMV and do some tests before making it available.

If you have questions or comments, do not hesitate;)

• Like 1

Good stuff. I noticed a lot of the pictures are resized wide banner icons. I have been making a few of these myself with fresh pictures instead of using the stretched images. Also I have around 800 of the complete set of synopsis information done. I will have them all finished after this weekend I expect. I'll be giving them to rocky to do as he pleases with them but I'm sure you can add them to your pack if you want. How are you doing with the preview videos? How many have you got at this point out of the complete set? Also how are you doing on screenshots? Have you a full set of screenshots?

• Like 1

Add new version of my resources pack with better quality and preview for each games !!!

On 27/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, Cian Cunningham said:

Good stuff. I noticed a lot of the pictures are resized wide banner icons. I have been making a few of these myself with fresh pictures instead of using the stretched images. Also I have around 800 of the complete set of synopsis information done. I will have them all finished after this weekend I expect. I'll be giving them to rocky to do as he pleases with them but I'm sure you can add them to your pack if you want. How are you doing with the preview videos? How many have you got at this point out of the complete set? Also how are you doing on screenshots? Have you a full set of screenshots?

Can we work together to make the full pack with enhanced quality ??? Nope, i don't have pack of screenshots :(

I'm still amazed at the work people are putting into this scene after all these years. I stopped modding xboxes awhile ago because I thought the interest was gone, and boy was I wrong. Seeing things like this and Rocky's work really got me excited again at the possibilities that came come from people who are still putting in the time. Great work!

1 hour ago, PsyKos said:

Add new version of my resources pack with better quality and preview for each games !!!

Can we work together to make the full pack with enhanced quality ??? Nope, i don't have pack of screenshots :(

I replied to this same post on the other thread. I will download your pack and have a look to see if there are any gaps I can fill in with the stuff you have added. The only gap I have at the moment is good quality thumb.jpgs, aside from the 200 odd rocky has made there is very few to match the quality of rockys ones, stretched wide banners just don't look good for them. I have the previews in wmv as the support for wmv is better in xbmc than xmv. I have screenshots on the way. The pack I'm working on will be optimized and won't be released until it's finished because I don't want people to spend the time transferring to their HDDs and there being things missing. I'll have a look.

2 minutes ago, Cian Cunningham said:

Could you paste the Mega link into the message. I'm having trouble getting it to open. Just the url to Mega rather than the hyper link thing. Thanks

Sorry, my link was dumbed... It's alright now !

5 hours ago, Cian Cunningham said:

I replied to this same post on the other thread. I will download your pack and have a look to see if there are any gaps I can fill in with the stuff you have added. The only gap I have at the moment is good quality thumb.jpgs, aside from the 200 odd rocky has made there is very few to match the quality of rockys ones, stretched wide banners just don't look good for them. I have the previews in wmv as the support for wmv is better in xbmc than xmv. I have screenshots on the way. The pack I'm working on will be optimized and won't be released until it's finished because I don't want people to spend the time transferring to their HDDs and there being things missing. I'll have a look.

Thanks for reply :) Yes, tell me what is OK, what is shitty on my pack, I want to offer the best for users ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks awesome. I've been away from the scene for many years so I'm looking at the new innovations, in particular for playing game backups and some light emulation. At the time XBMC was IT for media playback but of course over the years newer hardware has replaced this functionality for me as it is capable of playing modern (and HD) media that the OG Xbox cannot do. It's particularly nice that we can repurpose the XBMC code and optimise it for game playback and indexing. Fantastic work!

Once I have my 1TB SATA drive all setup I'm going to give this a try. I'm having a little trouble getting stock XBMC (installed via the Hexen disc) to boot for some reason so I'll need to investigate.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dangelus said:

This looks awesome. I've been away from the scene for many years so I'm looking at the new innovations, in particular for playing game backups and some light emulation. At the time XBMC was IT for media playback but of course over the years newer hardware has replaced this functionality for me as it is capable of playing modern (and HD) media that the OG Xbox cannot do. It's particularly nice that we can repurpose the XBMC code and optimise it for game playback and indexing. Fantastic work!

Once I have my 1TB SATA drive all setup I'm going to give this a try. I'm having a little trouble getting stock XBMC (installed via the Hexen disc) to boot for some reason so I'll need to investigate.

you cant get hexen to set xbmc as dash? 
if this is the case
did you use rocky5's softmod?
if this is the case put xbmc folder on root of E:

longshot!!
If you cant get it to install you may need to ftp it over, (ive had bad dvd drives, succesfully used pc drive to install before too) 
should be able to access ftp from whatever dash your softmod set as default. 
if you dont have rockys softmod installed use this guide to set xbmc as dash
https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Installing_XBMC#As_a_Dashboard

i've had a few xboxes and i've tried not to install anything to the stock drive because they scare me.... if that thing decides to fail and you are on a softmod only set-up you're into a headache. installing a modchip isnt the worst thing but its money and time you could have saved by cloning the drive early in your process. 

i have one in the rec room with my backups etc on it and to be honest if i used a media server hosted on the pc (universal media server) i can get most things to play.. if i could leverage plex's transcoding options with some kind of xbmc integration we'd be in the money. but for now UMS does a bang-up job and stuff that wont nativley play is transcoded on the fly leveraging the POWER OF THE PC. 

Dangerous,

I don't do soft mods any more, but when I did, I used the HeXEn disc, and followed these steps to redo the softmod (after doing the softmod via Splinter Cell disc/special game save) + XBMC as the dash:

1. 2, 2.2, 2.2.7 (Krayzie 1 click softmod)
2. 8, Applications, XBpartitioner 1.3
3. 8, System, Format Menu
4. 4, 4.1 (install XBMC)
5. 5, 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.2.3 (XBMC as dash)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XC-3730C said:

Dangerous,

I don't do soft mods any more, but when I did, I used the HeXEn disc, and followed these steps to redo the softmod (after doing the softmod via Splinter Cell disc/special game save) + XBMC as the dash:

1. 2, 2.2, 2.2.7 (Krayzie 1 click softmod)
2. 8, Applications, XBpartitioner 1.3
3. 8, System, Format Menu
4. 4, 4.1 (install XBMC)
5. 5, 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.2.3 (XBMC as dash)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i was trying to get at this while writing my reply, the 1 click softmod installs the dependencies for the creation of the xbmc shortcut. 
couldnt think clearly on how it works but this is exactly how it works. 

• Like 1

Something weird happens now, and I am not sure why. I've been loading games on my hdd, and then I started putting these resources in. Been working great, looks awesome in xbmc4gamers. But then I try to start a game, and it just reboots my dash. Tried several games, they are all the same. I am sure this was not the case yesterday, cause i tried several of the games then. I've tried to change between pal and ntsc, tried several games. Nothing.. Could the resources f@*k it up like this?

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk