OGXbox.com

XBmc Wide Banner Icons

thePiratePimp

Ok, so I'm looking for a few of the banners/wide icons for xbmc.

I've already downloaded this: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/other/xmbc-wide-icons-pack/ which includes all of these already: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-apps/937-xbox-wide-icons-for-xbmc-games/

I'm looking for a Coinops 8 banner, and the Adults Only banner.  If they're in there...I can't find them.  ANy help is greatly appreciated.  TIA!

Dan

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

18 minutes ago, XBOXBaller said:

You are asking for two specific wide banner icons?  Why not create them yourself?

Because I do not have the ability or skill to d such a thing.  I have things I am good at, and things I am not.  Things I am good at I do myself...the rest I leave to others.  Esp when it's already been done, no need for me to recreate the wheel (or banner).

16 hours ago, XBOXBaller said:

I bet you know how to modify an xbox, correct?  So you're telling me that you don't know how to use microsoft paint to copy and paste a few images to create your own banner?  

When there are people here that can do a better job...there's no need for me to hack something together.  This is what being a part of a community is all about.  We each have things we are good at, and some are good at a few things, while others are good at many.  And besides...it already exists, it shouldn't have been a crazy thing to assume that someone already had it, or knew where it was.  Figured I would ask, and I thank you for adding to the conversation.

Shouldn't be too bad to make a couple pictures. I've done them a few times and I am far from an expert and they always turn out not too bad. It's the amount of time that you have to put into it that makes it hard for everybody to do. Everybody always wants everything done for them even me. But sometimes it doesn't work out like that

6 minutes ago, Frank D'Agostino said:

Shouldn't be too bad to make a couple pictures. I've done them a few times and I am far from an expert and they always turn out not too bad. It's the amount of time that you have to put into it that makes it hard for everybody to do. Everybody always wants everything done for them even me. But sometimes it doesn't work out like that

Like I have said, I thought that maybe, just maybe, someone already had them available. So there was no need for to make something that had already been made.  & not really sure that I was asking for someone to make them for me...but even if I was, what's wrong with that?  Isn't this a community of like-minded individuals that are here to help one another out?  Maybe I'm wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah you're right. But there's still a lot of shit I still don't know. Stuff I do took a long time.. and I never really even had to make custom banners. Check on how it's labeled through FTP. Maybe create a picture and label it the same way remove the original and installed a new one? Can someone confirm this will work
Nothing wrong with asking for better art. I'm working on posting everything I have to the repository. I don't use wide icons but I have Photoshop and even Illustrator, so just ask me and be patient. Soon, we will have everything archived and you guys can make torrents or share on Usenet. Let's work on completing these packs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with asking for better art. I'm working on posting everything I have to the repository. I don't use wide icons but I have Photoshop and even Illustrator, so just ask me and be patient. Soon, we will have everything archived and you guys can make torrents or share on Usenet. Let's work on completing these packs.

This right here is what it's all about. Gathering and sharing as much information as possible.

I plan on making torrents out of as many games as possible and uploading them to freely share with the world at hand. I hate the fact the I had to pay to download all of them. I will also fund a seed box to make sure speeds are high and access is 24/7...I'm in the middle of a move so it'll start to happen after that.

Thanks again!

Sent from Outer Space

• 3 weeks later...
I've been making custom icons in illustrator and photoshop and they look great on the PC.  On the xbox however they are blurry as hell on some of them. I've been exporting the files as a PNG, then resizing to 758 X 140,  Should I be exporting as  JPEG, then rename on the xbox to default.tbn?

On the ones I've seen for the banners, there's 4 different pics: "Folder".jpeg, .png, .tbn & default.tbn.
Haven't figured out which one is the important one yet...

Sent from Outer Space

That depends on the skin I think.  I use confluence and set everything to wide icon, so its loads up default.tbn.  My problem is just the quality of the picture,. I know it will blur a little on big TV but the difference I'm seeing on the computer when zooming in compared to the poor resolution on the xbox is what's troubling me.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been making custom icons in illustrator and photoshop and they look great on the PC.  On the xbox however they are blurry as hell on some of them. I've been exporting the files as a PNG, then resizing to 758 X 140,  Should I be exporting as  JPEG, then rename on the xbox to default.tbn?
I always save as PNG, then rename as TBN

• Like 1

• 1 year later...