OGXbox.com

Av Socket Pinout (Courtesy of Smoke Screen Uk)

we need to take a look at these and figure out which pinout is accurate. The pins listed in my pic are definitely different than what are listed in Blake's.. the important point though is the mode select.. we need to confirm mode select grounding so that we can use this for forcing Component out. With a pair of diodes we could use an on/off switch to force component out vs AV cable

5 minutes ago, T2Steve said:

we need to take a look at these and figure out which pinout is accurate. The pins listed in my pic are definitely different than what are listed in Blake's.. the important point though is the mode select.. we need to confirm mode select grounding so that we can use this for forcing Component out. With a pair of diodes we could use an on/off switch to force component out vs AV cable

I think they just have the connector flipped over when they are counting the pins. That's why I included the one with the diagram. You can't make a mistake. I used it when I tapped into it, so I know it's right.

makes sense. I think that the mode select pins are still consistent, and the "what pins must be grounded" info should remain the same.. A QSB that fits over the AV bottom pins is possible with either a ribbon cable or header that could go to a separate PCB that has component etc out. That's a decent solution for the age old "where can i get good component cables" problem. forget a cable, just have straight up component out.

• 4 months later...

I use a few alternative points,  these are on the top of the board so you can use shorter/thicker/shielded wires. 

1522877284-picsay.thumb.jpg.4223432b160a71481a18b22be45945b1.jpg1522876940-picsay.thumb.jpg.f218000abd5aba5f9cd74b8f591998dc.jpg

this is on a version 1.1, not yet tested on other consoles,  but as i can see the mainbords,  the differences are minimal. 

This is a broken mainboard,  i have removed the a/v connector from the board. 

You can also use these points for a wii2hdmi,  short 9 and 13 to ground to put in component mode. 

Edited by Wouter A
Forgot a few things