OGXbox.com

X2.6 XEcuter Chip With No Switch Pcb

Cian Cunningham

Hi, I have put this on the Facebook group also. I have an X2.6 chip in an old v1.0 Xbox and I was going to pull it out and put it in a different one however the PCB with the bank switches has gone missing. No idea where it is. What are my options? Ideally would like to have the full functionality and flash it again. Anyone have the switch PCB and want to part with it has anyone done their own switches for it? The ribbon cable to the non existent switch PCB is intact.

IMG_20170922_073920.jpg

I have one of those chips, I'm sure the switch board is not much more than switches and LEDs, so could be made, using pcb prototype board etc. I'll see if over the weekend I can pull mine out and take a look.

I post some pictures, so it can be reverse engineered.

Edited by big F

Thank you for the reply. I actually found it. See I did this one to a version 1.0 when I was a teenager and the switches went missing off the front over the years. Only just pulled out all the Xboxs to get back into it a bit recently and it was bugging me I had an Xecuter with no switches. Found it last night after tearing the house apart in a box of random bags of components. It would still be a good task to see how simple the board is.

IMG_20170922_214052.jpg

• 2 years later...

Check this post at team-xecuter.com:

https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/pin-outs-for-x2-6ce-remote-switch.20976/post-196737 

The info there's for a X2.6CE. 

Update 20220530 - NOTE: The above link no longer works since Team Xecuter's web site has been seized by the U.S. government. However, there is an archived copy at archive.org's Wayback Machine.  Scroll down to post #6 by paul_phil on the following webpage:

Pin outs for X2.6CE remote switch | Team-Xecuter Community (archive.org)

I've included the text from paul_phil's post below:

June 22, 2005 paul_phil wrote:

Yeah, I did feel like saying, duh....never thought about that  

Anyway, I borrowed a friends switch and worked out the circuit, here's the info for anyone who's interested;

The pin numbers are for the connector at switchboard side (it's reversed modchip side) looking at it with the cable coming out the top and the silver contacts facing towards you, numbered left to right.

1- HDD LED +ve
2- LAN LED +ve
3- Common +ve
4- Modchip power in
5- Ground
6- Flash Protect
7- Chip enable/D0
8- Bank 1 select

To power the chip you need to connect pins 3-4

To enable the modchip as the default boot bios you need to ground pin 7 (D0) and generally pin 8 to select Bank 1

All the LEDs are powered by pins 3 and 5 and use an inline 220k resistor.

eg. For my setup - boot off the chip, flash protect, and using bank 1
I connect 3-4 and 5-6-7-8
For Bank 2 you just disconnect pin 8

Ba da bing, I have XBMC back, wahoo! 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 1

Getting to that team-xecuter.com web site has always caused me problems.

Two different versions of Firefox, one of them fully up to date with all the bells and whistles reports it as a wrongly configured, insecure web site. Waterfox, again, fully up to date likewise.

Only way I've found to get to it is by using a proxy server or VPN and then any browser can be used.   

18 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Getting to that team-xecuter.com web site has always caused me problems.

Two different versions of Firefox, one of them fully up to date with all the bells and whistles reports it as a wrongly configured, insecure web site. Waterfox, again, fully up to date likewise.

Only way I've found to get to it is by using a proxy server or VPN and then any browser can be used.   

Okay, I'll add a copy of the post I provided the link to that paul_phil made on team-xecuter.com's web site on Jun 22, 2005:

Yeah, I did feel like saying, duh....never thought about that :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, I borrowed a friends switch and worked out the circuit, here's the info for anyone who's interested;

The pin numbers are for the connector at switchboard side (it's reversed modchip side) looking at it with the cable coming out the top and the silver contacts facing towards you, numbered left to right.

1- HDD LED +ve
2- LAN LED +ve
3- Common +ve
4- Modchip power in
5- Ground
6- Flash Protect
7- Chip enable/D0
8- Bank 1 select

To power the chip you need to connect pins 3-4

To enable the modchip as the default boot bios you need to ground pin 7 (D0) and generally pin 8 to select Bank 1

All the LEDs are powered by pins 3 and 5 and use an inline 220k resistor.

e.g., For my setup - boot off the chip, flash protect, and using bank 1
I connect 3-4 and 5-6-7-8

For Bank 2, you just disconnect pin 8.

Ba da bing, I have XBMC back, wahoo! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal 1.2 Xbox, X3, Dual 10+120GB HDDs, and Halo Jewel

Crystal 1.1 Xbox, X2.6, Stock HDD for Live - sans switchboard

Source: https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/pin-outs-for-x2-6ce-remote-switch.20976/post-196737

• Like 1