Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.
I have a 1.0 Xbox that has the dreaded "Christmas Lights" flashing on the eject button. It tries to boot twice before doing its signature Red and Green flashing. Nothing is displayed on the TV so no codes are provided. It also makes a terrible noise when it fails to boot up. After tearing it down completely, cleaning everything top to bottom, removing the clock capacitor (which did not leak thank god), opening and inspecting the DVD drive then hooking everything back up I'm about 99% sure the condition and noise is being caused by a faulty HDD. My question is, assuming my diagnosis is correct, if I bought a SATA HDD (with the proper cables and converter) and installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 Modchip inside would it bring this Xbox back to life? Again, the theory is that the original HDD took a shat so I'm not worried about the DVD drive or motherboard. If there are any other steps I should take (EXCEPT softmodding and replacing the whole console) please let me know. If you require any other information I can also provide it for you. Thank you for your time and help on the matter!
So I've finally found a Xblast Modchip but... broken one, before buying it, would be happy to hear any advices from the techy folks regarding this situation and what can be done. So seems like the guy who sells it, somehow succeded to crack that U4 chip, and cut a few legs on the Xilinx CPLD, which looks like - they can not be repopulated. The questions are:
1, What chip is U4?
2. Will the new replacement Xilinx XC9572XL CPLD need any firmware? (did not found anything on the xblast repository)
3. Will the SVF from Aladdin Xblast Mod work in this case? (as I know, to launch XBlast bios on Aladdin Modchip, the PLCC32 must have the bios itself, then CPLD also should be written with something)
This is how the SVF for Aladdin CPLD LC4032V-XXT44 starts:
Some of you might know I have already had a Xbox (v1.1) with TSOP flashed (M8+ only) recently
For a v1.1 Xbox, its TSOP (1MB) with only 256k M8+ is a bit wasted. Meanwhile, i read about Xblast OS which Forlorn Penguin suggested me before to use it to flash BIOS to TSOP.
And Now I realized that Xblast OS is not just a bios flash program, but with multiple useful tools. and more importantly to me, it can be flashed/installed to Modchip (including TSOP)
I read that its can be flashed to onboard TSOP, as Bennydiamond said in AG forum
Please login or register to see this link.
However, there is no specific instruction and video that I can search from google to specify this. So I hope someone here, based on your best knowledge, could share and confirm whether this is really workable for 1MB TSOP
Here comes my plan and assumption, can anyone help me to verify?
1. install/upload Xblast in C: drive per its instruction in its zip file
2. run xblast.xbe, enter its program/OS
3. Go to flash menu, select Bank2 (xblast OS), (Here, I am not sure if it will show 3 Banks as xblast illustrated, or 4 banks as my current TSOP has)
4. select crcwell.bin, then flash --> reboot
5. Xbox enter xblast os, go to flash menu, select bank0 (512k), choose X2.5032.bin, flash --> reboot
6. Xbox enter xblast os, go to flash menu, select bank1 (256k), choose M8+.bin , flash --> reboot
Will there be any issue for the procedures above? Your help would be much appreciated !