Jump to content

Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Rocky5

Questions and Other Stuff

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a problem with my pack on DVD images and some previews.

Indeed, while DVD images work on XBMC's "Origins" skin, they do not appear in XBMC4Gamers. Is there an option or something else to activate?

Then, the previews work very well on UnleashX but do not appear in XBMC4Gamers when they are in the right place (_resources \ media \ preview.xmv). This shows "no preview.xmv) Porutant, other videos appear well while the same format is used and the same folder ...

Thank you in advance for your information.

cordially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsyKos said:

Hello,

I have a problem with my pack on DVD images and some previews.

Indeed, while DVD images work on XBMC's "Origins" skin, they do not appear in XBMC4Gamers. Is there an option or something else to activate?

Then, the previews work very well on UnleashX but do not appear in XBMC4Gamers when they are in the right place (_resources \ media \ preview.xmv). This shows "no preview.xmv) Porutant, other videos appear well while the same format is used and the same folder ...

Thank you in advance for your information.

cordially

You need to enable use resourced, press up on the view window and press right until you highlight the enable resources button press (A) and it will change the icon, now everything will use the images in _resources folder.

as for preview videos, these are only visible in the synopsis menu, press the (White) button and select synopsis.

these aren’t bugs, so but I guess that’s my fault for not making a thread for questions :) created one now though. 

Edited by Rocky5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

You need to enable use resourced, press up on the view window and press right until you highlight the enable resources button press (A) and it will change the icon, now everything will use the images in _resources folder.

as for preview videos, these are only visible in the synopsis menu, press the (White) button and select synopsis.

these aren’t bugs, so but I guess that’s my fault for not making a thread for questions :) created one now though. 

Thanks for the quick reply but actually, I should have specified that "enable resources" was enabled.

I have the images of the game as the cover, screenshots, banners or other but not the DVD, on any games unfortunately. They must be in PNG I imagine for transparency?

And for previews, in synopsis mode enabled and viewing it, some previews are not displayed :( While for others, no worries. Yet I always use an identical path ...

I will try again with a "clean" version of XBMC4Gamers but what is bizarre is that with UnleashX, I have the previews ...

To be continued !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a zip at the bottom of my XBMC4Gamers post on the XBMC4Xbox forum. Download it and have a look how it’s all setup. 

It works the exact same way origins works, same folder structure eg... ( I kept it the same so anyone that used that skin or the previous version could use mine )

for dvd covers they can be anything, just as long as they are named poster and in the artwork folder  

XBMC isn’t the same as UnleashX, so you can’t compare it to it, it doesn’t support game preview natively we need to use to workarounds to get it to play a file. The synopsis script will find any video file you have the _resources\media folder. If xbmc doesn’t support it it won’t play simple. 

You will need to enable the synopsis view when you first load synopsis, as it looks for a preview file in the root of the games folder ( next to the default.xbe ) when you load synopsis press the (black) button and you can pick the format to be used for the default view, or you can enable the synopsis view and it will use any file in the media folder like I stated above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for informations.

Please login or register to see this link. file containing five games. For these five games, the videos are not displayed as well as the CD.png. Yet your example with Advent Rising works perfectly.

Anyone could make me a feedback?

Thank you in advance.

 

Edited by PsyKos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PsyKos said:

Thanks for informations.

Please login or register to see this link. file containing five games. For these five games, the videos are not displayed as well as the CD.png. Yet your example with Advent Rising works perfectly.

Anyone could make me a feedback?

Thank you in advance.

 

Already explained why its not working with the preview video so not sure how many more times I need to say.

Quote

You will need to enable the synopsis view when you first load synopsis, as it looks for a preview file in the root of the games folder ( next to the default.xbe ) when you load synopsis press the (black) button and you can pick the format to be used for the default view, or you can enable the synopsis view and it will use any file in the media folder like I stated above

So what this means is you have the preview.xmv next to the default.xbe of the game or you enable the synopsis view after you press the (White) button and select Synopsis, when it loads and tells you there is no preview video, press (Black) then pick the format you want to use or just enable the Synopsis view. Last time I'm going to explain this.

 

CD images arent used by any of my views, so you will need to add that yourself if you want to use it.

 

Now can we continue this in the questions thread instead, as these are not bugs but user error.

Edited by Rocky5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I got upset or if you feel like repeating yourself but in fact, I think we do not understand unfortunately ... :( (Google Trad inside)

I know that the videos appear in the Synopsis mode by pressing the white button while placing on a game and then selecting "Synopsis", as the screenshots for example. No worries there as I said before.

I also know that you can choose the format by pressing the black button. There too, no problem!

The concern is that precisely, some videos do not appear in the Synopsis mode by selecting well the Synopsis mode and with any format selected. However, these are all XMVs and they are always placed in "game_name \ _resources \ medias \ preview.xmv".

No worries on cons with screenshots, covers, fanarts, thumbs ... Just some videos in preview mode. This does not come from the video because it is read in UnleashX (same folder otherwise).

In fact, it is as if XBMC4Gamers did not see some previews when they are well placed in the right directory. Hence my sample file to find out if it comes from my home or if it happens again in other people ???

P.S.: a moderator \ admin could move this discussion in "http://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/227-questions-and-other-stuff/" please? Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsyKos said:

Sorry if I got upset or if you feel like repeating yourself but in fact, I think we do not understand unfortunately ... :( (Google Trad inside)

I know that the videos appear in the Synopsis mode by pressing the white button while placing on a game and then selecting "Synopsis", as the screenshots for example. No worries there as I said before.

I also know that you can choose the format by pressing the black button. There too, no problem!

The concern is that precisely, some videos do not appear in the Synopsis mode by selecting well the Synopsis mode and with any format selected. However, these are all XMVs and they are always placed in "game_name \ _resources \ medias \ preview.xmv".

No worries on cons with screenshots, covers, fanarts, thumbs ... Just some videos in preview mode. This does not come from the video because it is read in UnleashX (same folder otherwise).

In fact, it is as if XBMC4Gamers did not see some previews when they are well placed in the right directory. Hence my sample file to find out if it comes from my home or if it happens again in other people ???

P.S.: a moderator \ admin could move this discussion in "http://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/227-questions-and-other-stuff/" please? Thank you in advance.

The folders you sent me are all setup fine and should work fine if using the synopsis view in the synopsis mode. 

 

Unfortunately XBMC isn’t the greatest at playing xmv files, it’s support is limited, hence why I allow all formats to be used.

Make sure some of the xmv files aren’t wmv files renamed. 

And i I don’t care if they show in UnleashX that’s irrelevant we are in XBMC.

XBMC has partial xmv support and unleashx has full xmv support. The files in the media folder can be named anything you want as I don’t look for a specific name, I just assume you put a video file there and I make XBMC play it.

 

Can you record a video of the issue as that’s simpler than going round in circle on here. At least I will be able to see what the problem is. 

 

Bottom line is, if XBMC doesn’t play the video it’s not a supported format. Simple, nothing I can do for you there.

Edited by Rocky5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply :)

After several searches and tests, I find that the previews I have are really very poor quality ... And I think the problem comes mainly from there ...

I took them on Isozone, seeing none on EmuMovies :(

Someone would have quality previews?

Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PsyKos said:

Thanks for your reply :)

After several searches and tests, I find that the previews I have are really very poor quality ... And I think the problem comes mainly from there ...

I took them on Isozone, seeing none on EmuMovies :(

Someone would have quality previews?

Thank you in advance.

This is not the best place to request videos. This is mainly so Rocky5 can assist you with non-bug related issues with his work. This is outside of that scope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

having finally solved my problem with NKpatcher and games in XISO, I noticed your script "XISO to HDD Installer", it's really great, simple, practical and suddenly, compatible with the trainers (I noticed this problem with my conversions).

Unfortunately, to make a batch process, all ISOs must be in the same folder like \ISO\game1.iso \ISO\game2.iso ...

My question is if you could modify the script to scan the games directory like \games\game1\game1.iso \games\game2\game2.iso? This because I already have all my games converted with a folder for each game and the "default.xbe" renamed etc

As a result, the script must browse a directory containing one folder per game, delete the "default.xbe" associated with the ISO already in place, recreate the "default.xbe" with the ISO information while leaving the structure already in place (folder\game.iso) then move to the next ISO etc etc

I do not know if I'm very clear in my explanations (google trad) but it could simplify things for people who like me, have already converted everything and put in place before discovering your script.

Moreover, one could also consider a script allowing to patch the "default.xbe" inside the XISO in order to change the speed of the processor and the amount of RAM ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

cordially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, PsyKos said:

Hello everyone,

having finally solved my problem with NKpatcher and games in XISO, I noticed your script "XISO to HDD Installer", it's really great, simple, practical and suddenly, compatible with the trainers (I noticed this problem with my conversions).

Unfortunately, to make a batch process, all ISOs must be in the same folder like \ISO\game1.iso \ISO\game2.iso ...

My question is if you could modify the script to scan the games directory like \games\game1\game1.iso \games\game2\game2.iso? This because I already have all my games converted with a folder for each game and the "default.xbe" renamed etc

As a result, the script must browse a directory containing one folder per game, delete the "default.xbe" associated with the ISO already in place, recreate the "default.xbe" with the ISO information while leaving the structure already in place (folder\game.iso) then move to the next ISO etc etc

I do not know if I'm very clear in my explanations (google trad) but it could simplify things for people who like me, have already converted everything and put in place before discovering your script.

Moreover, one could also consider a script allowing to patch the "default.xbe" inside the XISO in order to change the speed of the processor and the amount of RAM ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

cordially

You want it to scan all your ISO files and rip the default.xbe from them, patch the attach.xbe with the information in the default.xbe from the ISO then do some cleanup so it looks like it was before.

It should be straight forward for you to modify the script. 

I wont create a script for you to do this as I have no need for one, the current script can be modified to do what you want and if I have time/be bothered I will have a look. So you will probably be better doing it yourself.

I have a lot going on in life right now and I’m not really doing my Xbox projects so.... I don’t mind give information or helping out as that doesn’t take testing or a lot of time. 

 

If its not a lot of games you have, just move them via your FTP client to the root of the same partition they are on and remove there original directory. Run the script and they will be in your games folder ready for playing. Probably easier for you than modyfing the python script. ( name your iso files to the game name, as the attach xbe doesn’t care for the name, also the script doesn’t support port multi part iso files )

 

sorry i cant be of more help.

Edited by Rocky5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answer but in the meantime I found a quick and easy solution.

With a batch script, copy files "default.xbe" games to a temporary folder, creating a folder with the name of the game, copy the "default.xbe" in this folder and create an ISO file with this folder! Transfer of ISO to the XBox (3 GB, there is only the xbe file in it) and script started and functional from XBMC4Gamers !!!!

I have all my "default.xbe" (about 900) in less than one hour of treatment and perfectly functional with the trainers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PsyKos said:

Thanks for the answer but in the meantime I found a quick and easy solution.

With a batch script, copy files "default.xbe" games to a temporary folder, creating a folder with the name of the game, copy the "default.xbe" in this folder and create an ISO file with this folder! Transfer of ISO to the XBox (3 GB, there is only the xbe file in it) and script started and functional from XBMC4Gamers !!!!

I have all my "default.xbe" (about 900) in less than one hour of treatment and perfectly functional with the trainers.

Nice one, never thought of doing that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rocky,

first I must say fanstastic work, your skin is simply excellent.

i am relatively new to using XBMC however I think I’ve got my head around most of it except for one thing.

On the attached picture I’m struggling to find banners that fit, is there a way to make them fit or do I need to reduce them to a set size? Or do you know of a resource pack for below options? As for the fan art option can this be removed from this page?

Thanks

 

F1092D1F-E451-415A-B7DF-2D4DAE2DCE01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark Size said:

Hi Rocky,

first I must say fanstastic work, your skin is simply excellent.

i am relatively new to using XBMC however I think I’ve got my head around most of it except for one thing.

On the attached picture I’m struggling to find banners that fit, is there a way to make them fit or do I need to reduce them to a set size? Or do you know of a resource pack for below options? As for the fan art option can this be removed from this page?

Thanks

 

F1092D1F-E451-415A-B7DF-2D4DAE2DCE01.jpeg

Reason they don’t show correctly is that view uses the _resources artwork to display banners. By default it will scale the image.

 

you can edit the view file for the banner view and change all scale to stretch in the list container to fix your issue. Fanart just search the file and you will find what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rocky5, can I make a splash screen (intro video) for this?
As in, does it support them.
If so what codec/resolution settings do you recommend?

Edited by Jay Yardley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jay Yardley said:

Hi Rocky5, can I make a splash screen (intro video) for this?
As in, does it support them.
If so what codec/resolution settings do you recommend?

Currently no.

26 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Is there a way to make this display info on an Xecuter 3 LCD panel? Or is this not possible because this is running via Unleash X?

It’s XBMC, it’s in the name :/ and if XBMC allows information then it will, you will just need to enable it in the setting menu. I don’t have one so can’t test or tell you what menu ( probably system ) it would be under. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Changed some settings for Youtube's sake but otherwise video file is 960x540 24fps 'HRHD Please login or register to see this link. ' as per the maximum stable settings recommended by the "XBMC4Xbox" wiki: Please login or register to see this link. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jay Yardley said:

 


Changed some settings for Youtube's sake but otherwise video file is 960x540 24fps 'HRHD Please login or register to see this link. ' as per the maximum stable settings recommended by the "XBMC4Xbox" wiki: Please login or register to see this link. "

That’s cool, I have a script for XBMC-Emustation for intros, so will get that working with this so you can have your intro.

i also added the ability to disable the splash via a bin file or advances setting so that can be toggles by the script if the intro is enabled eg...

Edited by Rocky5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

That’s cool, I have a script for XBMC-Emustation for intros, so will get that working with this so you can have your intro.

i also added the ability to disable the splash via a bin file or advances setting so that can be toggles by the script if the intro is enabled eg...

Thanks! I'm going to make some tweaks for this, and add both stereo and Dolby 5.1 sound.for when I get my HD AV pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

    • By MisledOdin
      New here. I had recently acquired what seems a soft modded xbox and just wanting to restore the original OS on it.
    • By N64 freak
      1. Xbox motherboard 1ghz CPU and 128mb Ram: 100€

      2. Rev1.6 Motherboard- Aladdin Chip and internal HDMI mod with 5.1 digital Audio support: 90€

      Here's a youtube review comparing my HDMI mod to a component cable and a normal AV-cable. It's in german but the video quality comparison should be clear enough.
      3. Xbox Alpha Development kit soundcard: 35€

       
    • By Mick
      Hi guys I have an xbox with xecuter 3 and pro switch.. If anyone would like to make an offer

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.