OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

• 1 month later...

Latest Build

Hi John, I took your latest build and built a fresh copy and loaded it on the Xbox and it ran extremely slow (almost unusable)  I figured it might have something to do with my new 2TB setup.

I took the copy that I had setup before that I configured to auto login, adjusted screen size and a few other preferences and it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

13 hours ago, Dave C. said:

Latest Build

Hi John, I took your latest build and built a fresh copy and loaded it on the Xbox and it ran extremely slow (almost unusable)  I figured it might have something to do with my new 2TB setup.

I took the copy that I had setup before that I configured to auto login, adjusted screen size and a few other preferences and it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

It runs a script when the login screen appears to check for the update folder. So the seek time on your drive must be bad. 

Bypassing the login screen skips the update check. ( but it does run the save script, but if it’s not enabled it just skips the scripts content )

• 5 weeks later...

I have been reading and trying to figure out how to get all the cool game art etc that I seen in the screenshots. I am guessing it has to do with the _resources folder. I have enabled resources in the XBMC4Gamers app but I still cannot seem to get any art to show up. It just says "No preview available". Do I just manually transfer the _resources folder for each game into the root game folder on my Xbox HDD or is there something more I need to do? Thank you. 

13 hours ago, clemsnfan said:

I have been reading and trying to figure out how to get all the cool game art etc that I seen in the screenshots. I am guessing it has to do with the _resources folder. I have enabled resources in the XBMC4Gamers app but I still cannot seem to get any art to show up. It just says "No preview available". Do I just manually transfer the _resources folder for each game into the root game folder on my Xbox HDD or is there something more I need to do? Thank you. 

You place the _reaources folder you downloaded from the pack on here and put the folder next to the games default.xbe.

you can also use default,tbn if you want XBMC to cache the custom thumbnail ( default mode )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Absolutely, loving you XBMC overhaul... I can see you've spent many hours creating this and have to say it tops the lot!

Possible tweak:
Is there any chance you can allow access to the Emulator and Home-brew folder after locking it down? I need to stop my kids fiddling, but at the same time I've created artwork for the folders and it's a shame not to see it.
I've tried booting to other dashboards from XBMC4Gamrers, via the shortcut to run Emulators, but it feels messy. I'd rather run them all just from your dash and keep it simple.

Also, how do I add images to the actual root folder icon e.g Apps, Emulators, Dash etc? all looks great apart from sitting at the root.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Mark :D:D

Edited by markee123
More info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am almost finished with my build.   Currently transferring my games collection to the 2TB HDD.  Two issues I am having that I have been unable to solve.:

1) The generic "Programs" icon will not change.   I have successfully changed the other icons but when I do the same process (press white button scroll to :change thumb"... etc) for the programs section it does not change.   

2) Also is there a way to auto play the video preview in the synopsis section for each xbox game?

Once i get all my data FTP'd over and address the above two issues I'll make a youtube video and share it..

Thanks for all who put in hours to create this!!

5 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

Is there a way to disable 'Scanning for new Games' ?

It can be annoying for this to happen every time you go into a game synopsis, and then when you back out, this happens.

No, it’s part of XBMC, It getting the names, thumb location and if games have trainers. I sped it up as much as I can, without disabling it completely and breaking games.

• Like 2

I noticed that when I have Alternative layout selected and Autoplay preview video enabled, some games freeze the system, and I have to reboot the Xbox. This also for some games happens when I dont have the Autoplay preview video enabled, but if I hit the A button to play the preview

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 6/15/2018 at 7:53 AM, XC-3730C said:

Is it possible to have a separate background image for each category (I have a separate category for Apps, Consoles, Portables, Homeveew, etc). Can I somehow have background music?

Xbmc4Gamers\skin\profile skin\media\folder fanart\foldername.jpg (....and foldername_fog.jpg?)

For example the background picture you want to have you name picture "Emulators.jpg". The background picture for Homebrew you name "Homebrew.jpg and put the picture in the highlighted directory above. PS My background pictures have the size of 1020x1080 p

But how to install the pictures inside the "Emulators/Homebrew/Applications/Games" folder - i still try to find out... if anybody knows more

Edited by G-box

11 hours ago, G-box said:

Xbmc4Gamers\skin\profile skin\media\folder fanart\foldername.jpg (....and foldername_fog.jpg?)

For example the background picture you want to have you name picture "Emulators.jpg". The background picture for Homebrew you name "Homebrew.jpg and put the picture in the highlighted directory above. PS My background pictures have the size of 1020x1080 p

But how to install the pictures inside the "Emulators/Homebrew/Applications/Games" folder - i still try to find out... if anybody knows more

Fanart.jpg next to the games default.xbe or use the resources structure.

Hey Rocky! Great to speak to you - first of all i would like to tell you that i have massive joy with this frontend-styled dashboard and the setting-it-up-part as well (i'm thinking of doing a thread over at gbatemp on "how to set up for beginners" - since i think more people should use this great work).

If it is possible - there are small details i'd really like to change:

Inside xbox game selection screen (where the covers show) - is it somehow possible to remap the black button (favorites) so that when i press it, it loads directly to synopsis page?

Because as it is, i have to press the white button first and then select synopsis...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...