OGXbox.com

XBit 1.5 Chip Help/Info

MvZiC MaN

Just picked up a few xboxes and some extras.

02321d71465f3bd08b94ca57c7228ae9.jpg

Among the extras was an Xbit 1..5 chip.

87f7f775d5eaf0405221410eed2c24ef.jpg4b870e20c0de1134cd66627f3e584c0f.jpg

Id like to test it and find out if it works. But im not finding any info on how to install it anywhere.

Does anyone have any info on the chip and maybe an install/Flashing guide? would be much appreciated, as this will be my First chip install!!

Edited by MvZiC MaN

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

As the software was designed for older versions of Windows, you might need to enable compatibility mode for an older version of the OS to run the app.

That was the first thing I did. Tried everything XP and older, Still nothing. Ill do some more research. Its possible the chip is just bad but its too soon to tell.

The black and yellow cables look like they are in the wrong spot compared to the DMS install diagram.  I'm not sure both cables are exactly the same.  Some of the wires may be routed to different locations end to end. crossing over a couple for the USB compared to the DIP switch.  I don't think they'd do that but they did provide two different color coded cables - one all Yellow and the other all Black wires.  If these two cables were exactly the same, you'd think they'd have just used the same color for all wires.  No need to two different colors.

Black and Yellow cables - xwire7.jpg

xwireA.jpg

What this the error you received running the v1.0 X-B.I.T. Flasher SW?xsw_ts01.gif

Edited by KaosEngineer

They are marked Y and B for the colors. and thats how they are plugged in. i checked and rechecked them..

And the error/s im getting are.
1.PNG.d0ae03554122b73cadf7345bcf32f73b.PNG

i have to click it 3 times. but it then says Connected.

2.PNG.f4ec7c1d02c9a310a5c4d9ced2f4afe8.PNG

if i click on format. then click on which format i want, This will pop up and i have to click it 31 times

(once for each block being erased)

3.PNG.1f2c2f6585a44a48e02c8e5231d2c5ab.PNG

Not sure why the software's so BAD.

Other Xbox-scene.com comments about the X-BIT flashing software and getting it to work. Silentscream__ wrote:

The xbit has alot of problems with flashing, the flash software isnt very good but there is no alternative. 

All I can suggest is trying to flash using a different computer, again unplug all the other USB devices, close all programs running etc.

The chip does have X-Bit 1.5 printed on it.? I can't tell from the pictures you posted.  I think where it's printed on the back is hidden by the flash reflection. Can't makeout the digit could be a 0 or a 5 when i zoom in. And, can't make out the Y and B cable labels.  

The set of pictures I posted must be the v1.0 X-BIT not 1.5 and they swapped the cable locations for black and yellow.  The v1.5 has an extra white shrouded header next to the pin header on the component side when compared to the v.10 X-BIT.

X-BIT v1.0  a different beast than what you have. :Dxwire3.jpg

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 8:21 AM, LinuxArcadeGuy said:

anyone want one of these chips?

i have one, would sell it to someone interested.

Hi

I know this is so old thread, but did you sell it? Or do you still have it by any chance.?

On 5/17/2019 at 8:53 PM, Uraeus said:

I have already tried doing that but it doesn't allow me to make bigger any of the partitions 1-5 using the triggers. I can only set the partition size between 0 and the default value for partitions 1-5 (even after having reduced the size of the partitions 6 and 7 and therefore having free space indicated at the bottom of the screen). I did a fresh install of the 2Tb Hard drive using Hexen 2018 disk. Very strange...

Good to see 

i did suggest some time ago that a XP computer was needed and a virtual XP machine running on a Win10 was the problem but no one had a XP computer to test.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Let me bring up this topic again.

I got a X-Bit 1.0 today (without doughter board) and i managed to wire it up with an dip switch and so far the xbit seams to work. The software for the xbit 1.0 runs, after a little troubleshooting, on windows 7 x64 but it seams i can't access it (no read or wirte options). The chip comes up with a lot of errors about that.

So i tried a windows xp vm. All fine, chip shows up but then also no luck on read / write / status or format.

So anybody has found another solution except an real windows xp mashine to get that old chip up and running?

EDIT : Found a tool for the XBIT 1.0 for linux (maybe useful for one or the other ... (which didn`t include me for real cuz there is no gui))

https://github.com/tuxuser/xbit_flasher-xbox

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

error 4.jpg

error.jpg

xbitv1.0.jpg

winxp.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

I gave up on trying to flash the 2 of these chips that i acquired late last year. I tried all manner of setups vm and physical, every os back as far as Win 98 and could not get one flashed at all. It seems that gingerguy got one to flash using Win XP on original hardware. Now ive seen that i might give it another go, either that or ill throw the chips up on ebay and get shot of them. 

I have one of the 1.5 version and was wondering if I could flash one of the banks with the bad flash recovery bios?

i have a board with a winbond TSOP that is corrupt and will only boot with a modchip so it would be great to have on a modchip.

Edited by dirtykash