Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

KaosEngineer

My Top 10 UnleashX Skin Picks

After looking through hundreds of UnleashX skins, I picked 10 of my favorites.

There are actually 18 skins as some had multiple color releases and a few dups from old Xbox skin sites. From the various skin packages I accumulated from various sources, these now defunct sites had some skins listed under slightly different names (some I guess by the number the skin was submitted to their site).

I've also updated a couple to show free space on the G drive.

01 - devise2 found under 2 different names
02 - tarozax - original and my G free space updated
03 - UXH2
04 - Athloni's MSDash 3 color variations - 2 Green
05 - TrueMSdash 2.0 (2 names)
06 - InfraSkin Cyan
07 - NINJA GAIDEN HI-TECH
08 - Optima_Blue_V2 - 2 names same skin
09 - UnleashX_Hackedbox_v1.0 and my GFree update
10 - Ice (Smoke Series)

UnleashX Skins-My Top 10-KaosEngineer.7z

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have it but have not tried it with all the preview videos installed.  The 2MB skin itself is easy enough to install; however, IMHO all the additional ~50GBs of content is not. 

Upload easy enough but getting it to work NOT!

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

There are many, many, many more skins that I did not review at the time I made these selections.

If anyone finds a skin that they like, please post a link or attach it to a post Please login or register to see this link. .

thanks,
KaosEngineer

--
>/dev/null 2>&1

Edited by KaosEngineer

Thanks they work and look great but I'm having a hard time with them. After I reboot the original unleashX skin loads. I've put them in the skins location E.>dash>unleashx.>skins but they still wont save. Thanks!!

R U pressing (A) twice?  You have to for the new skin to be set as the new default.  Pressing only once is a temporary preview of the skin until you select another or reboot and the previously set default skin will return.

The on-screen instructions state that fact.  Many users miss that little tidbit! :D

Update: (A) Select  Start / (A) (A) Save   (Y) Download skins (doesn't work anymore :()

UnleashX Select and Save Skin Selection.png

Not sure why the Start button is shown before the slash and the 2 (A) buttons to Save.  Pressing the Start button only exits back to the previous menu for me.

Update 2: Check the path that your installation of UnleashX uses to access new skins.  Do the skins show up in the list?  If so, you are uploading them to the correct directory.  Open System -> Settings -> System page and scroll down to the Skin section:

5b235c97468d5_UnleashXSkinsPath.png.1ad12554aea5b8466abf799c25387640.png

Skins listed above is a subdirectory where your UnleashX's default.xbe file is located.  You can set a path to a different folder name if you prefer or IIRC a fully qualified path (e.g., E:\Skins).

Next, display the System Info page as seen below. To do so at a menu, press the (Y) button. Scroll down to the UnleashX section to find the Path entry.  This folder is the location where UnleashX is running from on your Xbox.5b235cde4eaf9_UnleashXsExecubtablePathfromSystemInfoscreen.png.4a074f2bd9518ab72eed9fc235fd7214.pngWhen the Skins path value is set to Skins the complete path to each skin is:

<Path>\<Skins path>\<Skin Name>\

If <Skins path> is a fully qualified folder - starts with <drive letter>:\, <Path> will not be prepended.

Substitute the values found for <Path>, <Skins Path> and <Skin Name> for the actual directory names.  For example <Path> = C:\, <Skins path> = Skins and <Skin Name> = <XvGM> the complete path to this skin is:

C:\Skins\XvGM

Note: Skins saved in folders under the <Skins path> folder are surrounded with "<>" symbols to indicate that they are not skins built into UnleashX's default.xbe file.  They actually sets of files uploaded to your Xbox for UnleashX to use from the <Path>\<Skins Path>\<Skin Name> folder.

Make sure that you do not have sub-subfolders when you upload a skin. The skin.xml file must be found in the <Path>\<Skins Path>\<Skin Name> folder after value substitutions (no "<>" symbols).

For more information about using UnleashX  and skinning, download the Please login or register to see this link.

P.S. Rambling now, too late / early in the morning. Way more information that you probably needed.  Pressing (A) twice was as far as I most likely needed to go.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

R U pressing (A) twice?  You have to for the new skin to be set as the new default.  Pressing only once is a temporary preview of the skin until you select another or reboot and the previously set default skin will return...............

I'll have to double check to make sure I was pressing twice, I would think I have been but maybe I just back out and don't. Thanks for the info!!!!