Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
KinxGorilla

Hello OG Xbox Members i am new here and i am here to stay.... However i am in trouble with something right now i recently picked up a MAXTOR PATA133 DIAMOND MAX 10 200GB (IDE HDD)   and it seems to be failing when cloning with chimp not sure if i have to reformat the drive and repair the bad sectors but how would i do that using my PC is there a way i can use the IDE cable from the xbox and plug it into my motherboard from my PC and clone my HDD that way any programs out there for such activities

Or would it be best for me to buy a IDE to sata connector from ebay and just use the 2TB 3.5" barracuda HDD that i just have laying around not sure if i will even need that much space unless i download the A-Z games list  has me thinking thos  please any suggestions to help me sway my ideas would be helpful

sorry for any mistakes whilst typing Tired moments 

Kinx Gorilla

Edited by KinxGorilla
Typos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By BulletWasp
      So now that I have got my new Dashboard running and have my games ready, it's time to start getting the stuff for the HDD swap. I am going to get a StarTech IDE2SAT2 adapter, but I know that the Xbox can be picky with what SATA drives it will work with. I was thinking of going with a WesternDigital Black or SeaGate. but what are the drives that people have the most success with? Also, in regards to size, are 3.5" drives a pain to fit inside the console? Or would it just save a lot of headache going with a 2.5" drive?
      Also, I'm a little confused on what steps I need to take to get it all set up once I have the HDD and the adapter. Do I need a boot disk as well? And Chimp clones the existing drive while XBPartitioner will format the new drive?
      I found this guide at XBMC4Xbox, but its about 7 years old so I am not sure if any of the information is outdated or has changed with new methods: Please login or register to see this link.  
    • By excaliburlives
      Dusting off my old xbox. Thinking about dumping avalaunch and using XBMC4gamers instead. Is it worth it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.