OGXbox.com

Wii2hdmi On Xbox

ironsniper1

hey everyone thanks to a bunch of people in discord, i managed to wire a wii2hdmi adapter to the xbox for hdmi and audio, works great and there is a difference between it and composite,

i dont have a good way to screenshot it, i tried doing a live stream on twitch but was having connection problems so it does not look to good, however if you want you can check the videos here https://www.twitch.tv/ironsniper1/videos 

and here is the diagrams, the one with the top of the xbox av port is if you completely desoldered the av port and are replacing the av port with the adapter and the bottom is if you are leaving the av port and just soldering in some wires to the port and adapter

xboxavippinoutbottom.png

xboxavippinouttop.png

• Like 4

this is where i got it from also this was provided to me by Reo Au In on discord
xboxavippinouttr0.png.880205dc9ec79a3024deff8d1ed47aa9.png
Thank you for this! Have you performed the mod where you wire a standard Xbox AV cable connector to the Wii2HDMI board?

I really prefer the plug and play approach to that kind of mod.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Yea. I was hoping someone could do it in English.

By the way, the 2 diagrams for this mods look exactly the same.

they are the same just flipped one is if you have the xbox motherboard upside down so pin 1 would be on the top right and the other is if you have right side up with the heatsinks in view and pin 1 is on the left

Thank you for the clarification! What gague wire do you reccomend using for an internal PCB mod (wired to the Xbox's AV connector) ?

Also, I may want to go that route, but at some point use an active HDMI to VGA converter. Is there a way to add USB port for power on that kind of adapter?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Thank you for the clarification! What gague wire do you reccomend using for an internal PCB mod (wired to the Xbox's AV connector) ?

Also, I may want to go that route, but at some point use an active HDMI to VGA converter. Is there a way to add USB port for power on that kind of adapter?

that i do not know i dont know if you have discord or not but there is a lot of people in there who may be able to help https://discord.gg/YhP3ACq also the wire i used was Kynar Wire 30 AWG

Edited by ironsniper1

• 2 months later...
Just now, XC-3730C said:

That is amazing! Are you gonna try to fit the connector and wiring back into the Wii2HDMI shell?

no i broke it opening it so i am not worried about stuffing it back in, all though that being said i wish i had a 3d printer i would 3d print a custom case

1 minute ago, TEK Nemesis said:

It's possible to cut an opening in the case for the Xbox connection.  (This is not my photo.  I found it floating on the net.)

image.png.86cb1e1ababfb8dfe758d04cd618a683.png

i know but i would rather have something cleaner, like say with some of the original cable still attached, think of it kinda of like a laptop power supply i just think it would nicer

2 minutes ago, ironsniper1 said:

i know but i would rather have something cleaner, like say with some of the original cable still attached, think of it kinda of like a laptop power supply i just think it would nicer

I don't know if this is a good idea unless you are using a very high quality shielded cable in your mod (which would kind of be a huge waste, like converting a Lamborghini into an ATV).  Normally people are doing this mod with a cheap unshielded cable or an OEM MS cable with just the three connections (yellow, red, white).  If you are not using a high quality shielded cable then the mod may not produce the best results.

24 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I don't know if this is a good idea unless you are using a very high quality shielded cable in your mod (which would kind of be a huge waste, like converting a Lamborghini into an ATV).  Normally people are doing this mod with a cheap unshielded cable or an OEM MS cable with just the three connections (yellow, red, white).  If you are not using a high quality shielded cable then the mod may not produce the best results.

i didnt say anything about the cable i was describing how i would want the whole thing to look

Btw just out of curiosity, I read in the other thread on GBAtemp that there is also an upscaling version. I also have a Wii and I already have a black one of these adapters (which will probably also look better for the Xbox) but this one has auto upscaling. Does one of you guys know whats the difference and which one to buy?

I have this one myself: Aliexpress

And this one with the "hole" should be a version with manual upscaling through a needle Ebay

Thanks for the tutorial, can't wait tot try it out :D

• Like 1