Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

ironsniper1

Wii2hdmi On Xbox

hey everyone thanks to a bunch of people in discord, i managed to wire a wii2hdmi adapter to the xbox for hdmi and audio, works great and there is a difference between it and composite,

i dont have a good way to screenshot it, i tried doing a live stream on twitch but was having connection problems so it does not look to good, however if you want you can check the videos here Please login or register to see this link.  

and here is the diagrams, the one with the top of the xbox av port is if you completely desoldered the av port and are replacing the av port with the adapter and the bottom is if you are leaving the av port and just soldering in some wires to the port and adapter

xboxavippinoutbottom.png

xboxavippinouttop.png

• Like 3

Can you make a diagram for this based off of using the connector from a standard Xbox AV cable? I would like to perform this mod, but keep the AV port on my Xbox intact.

Here is a link to what I am talking about:

Please login or register to see this link.

this is where i got it from also this was provided to me by Reo Au In on discord
Please login or register to see this link.
Thank you for this! Have you performed the mod where you wire a standard Xbox AV cable connector to the Wii2HDMI board?

I really prefer the plug and play approach to that kind of mod.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just now, XC-3730C said:

Thank you for this! Have you performed the mod where you wire a standard Xbox AV cable connector to the Wii2HDMI board?

I really prefer the plug and play approach to that kind of mod.

nope but whoever did that diagram did

19 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Yea. I was hoping someone could do it in English.

By the way, the 2 diagrams for this mods look exactly the same.

they are the same just flipped one is if you have the xbox motherboard upside down so pin 1 would be on the top right and the other is if you have right side up with the heatsinks in view and pin 1 is on the left

Thank you for the clarification! What gague wire do you reccomend using for an internal PCB mod (wired to the Xbox's AV connector) ?

Also, I may want to go that route, but at some point use an active HDMI to VGA converter. Is there a way to add USB port for power on that kind of adapter?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Thank you for the clarification! What gague wire do you reccomend using for an internal PCB mod (wired to the Xbox's AV connector) ?

Also, I may want to go that route, but at some point use an active HDMI to VGA converter. Is there a way to add USB port for power on that kind of adapter?

that i do not know i dont know if you have discord or not but there is a lot of people in there who may be able to help Please login or register to see this link.  also the wire i used was Kynar Wire 30 AWG

Edited by ironsniper1

i forgot to add that pins 11 and 13 need to be tied together and grounded
Got a picture of how that is supposed to look?

nope but it would look like this and yes i know its crappy

pins.png

also make sure you count the pins correct as you go so you know you are soldering to the right one

Edited by ironsniper1
  • Like 1