Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Brand new member, please forgive me if I do something wrong here....  I tried searching, I swear!!!!!

I'm not a huge collector, but I got a big box of Xbox stuff from someone locally. I already have a modded and a stock OG Xbox, really bought his box for the controllers and games. He said he was in the military and bought his Xbox in Japan. I can't find any info online about it. Is it rare? Is it common? Are there any hardware differences?

Btw, yes I combed the rare hardware thread here and didn't find anything

Thanks in advance!

Edited by matthewtilkens

There are some rare boxes that were Japan only, is yours just a black one or is it a different colour? Post some pics and im sure someone here will be able to give you some more info :)

There is nothing different or special about Japanese consoles, no. Not unless it was a limited edition version, which it's not.

That Xbox is a 1.0 though, so it has a bad clock capacitor that needs to be removed ASAP before it destroys the motherboard.