OGXbox.com

Hd Component Vs Hdmi Dillema

Viggen66

Dear All,

As most users on this forum have faced the same issue, which solution is best for better video quality,

I own a so called "cheap" component cable, which in fact is not so bad as I imaged, besides having a  slight ghosting on the image, when I remove the audio (left/right) rca, the issue is more or less gone, but on the flip coin no sound.

So I figured out what could be to fix the issue of HD picture.

1) I thought of getting a converter from component to hdmi, namely "Portta PETRHS YPbPr Component Video and L/R RCA Audio to HDMI Converter Upscaler 720p 1080p" which converters the signals from the component cable to straight HDMI signals and hopefully the ghosting effect could be gone with this solution, given the treatment the box does to the conversion and have an upscale image.

2) Or ditching the components cable and buy this HDMI Link cable, on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-MASCARRY-No-Mods-Required-Converter/dp/B07JHJB1Y8?SubscriptionId=AKIAJKVC5TM5C4Y6TOSQ&tag=haggle-web-en-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07JHJB1Y8

My system is a 1.4 revision of the Xbox, read horrible stuffs about xbox 1.4 and hdmi converters like Pound, but this one is of a different brand.

What are you thoughts on this?